Friday 6 June 2008

Swimming

This is posted a day late, but last night I was too tired to blog. After three and a half hours sleep the night before, I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Every fortnight the local home education group has an arrangement at the leisure centre for swimming.

We did some shopping on the way down and picked up a couple of leaflets for a "design-a-mug" competition. It is in aid of Child Line. The boys have one leaflet each and about a week to come up with a design and post their competition entries. I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with, and I will let you see them in due course.

This week, there was a very good turnout for swimming. The boys really enjoyed themselves especially as they were in the pool for three hours.

The pool has two different kinds of slides, a wave machine, a pirate ship with buckets that tip over when they become full of water. There are poles with water spraying out all around and water spurting up from the floor. There is plenty of opportunity for them to use up all their energy.

By the time we got home the boys had a real appetite, but they did give me a hand to refill one of the beanbags.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aggghh. I hope that bean bag filling went ok. I did that just the other day - but I had a 2 year old helping....fun!

Jane said...

Happy to say it went into the bag. Only a few escaped, but I'm still finding a few.