Wednesday 10 June 2009

Into the lions den

As we needed to run a few errands before the woodland session, we left home a bit earlier. By the time we got to the library, my phone was ringing. The session had been cancelled as the roads had been closed leading up to Rivelin Park due to a diesel spillage.

So a slight change of plan. The boys didn't want to go straight home, but with hiking boots and wellies on, they weren't really dressed for going into town. I decided that I would treat them so we went and had some dinner in the cafe, before going back home.

When we got back, he boys disappeared for an hour or so, armed with hammer and nails. After after some banging and a lot of toing and froing, I was summoned to inspect their handiwork. The side you can't see on the right, has a little entrance cut into it for the cat to go in, just in case this side isn't big enough for him.

I love the painting on the side which is slightly protected by the sloping roof (in case of rain. See, they even thought of that) but I think I need to get them to varnish it. Whatever happens to the rest of this, I want to keep the sign. Even the landlord was impressed with their creativity.

No comments: