Friday 19 September 2008

We are tired out!

Not sure if you can see it, but that blob on top of the shed is a young collared dove. I couldn't get enough zoom to get a better picture, and I didn't want to go out and get too close in case I frightened him away.

We enjoyed watching him most of the morning. He seemed to be soaking up the rays until Kashka came to reclaim her place in the sun.

Seeing him brought back memories of Tuffy, a collared dove we had for a couple of years when the children were younger. We found him in our garden after getting his wing damaged in a storm. He was never able to fly afterwards so we kept him. He even moved from Bristol to Wales with us.
This afternoon, we went to the library and then the boys went swimming. They spent three hours in the pool until we remembered we needed to get back for the shopping to be delivered. Watching the boys, I was surprised by how many strokes D could swim without coming up for a breath.
This evening we decided three hours swimming were too long. Both boys were really tired and irritable this evening, so we are going to try two hours maximum next time.
I am hoping they will be OK tomorrow. D wasn't feeling very well when he went to bed, but he fell asleep straight away. Hopefully a good nights sleep is all he needs, I know I need one.

No comments: