Friday, 29 May 2009

A bit late but

better late than never! It has been such a joy to have a quieter week and relax that I forgot about all we did the week before.

Monday was the Woodland school, and the boys loved it despite the fact that it poured with rain the whole time. They did some bug identification and shelter building which was very appropriate. J said they were much better than the previous time they had tried it, so it seems practise makes perfect.

Wednesday D didn't go to Spanish as I had an appointment at the hospital to have a cyst removed from my eyelid. D was very disappointed that he couldn't watch them do it, but both boys found it highly amusing that I had a huge dressing over the eye and they had to guide me around for a couple of hours until I could take it off. I even upset a poor little girl in the cafe. Apparently her mum is a doctor, so when her grandma explained to her that I had had a little op to make the eye better, she was much happier.

At Spanish this week, they were learning the different ways of saying they were feeling ill. D turned to me on the bus and came out with a phrase. When he translated it was, "my eye is hurting". Most appropriate for me last week. Actually, I was pleased he had remembered anything from Spanish this week, he had a really sleepy head on and found it difficult to concentrate.

We did get to dancing last Wednesday afternoon, though I did sit out as I wanted some peace and quiet. Loud music and my head weren't really mixing very well. The boys didn't do any new dances this week but concentrated on the tango and reviewed the other dances they had. The street dance routine got longer and I wonder how much they will remember next week as they have had a week off this week.

As D was still coughing and sneezing on Thursday, we didn't go swimming. It didn't seem a good idea with the weather we were having, but we did go to art. By then the weather had brightened up. This week they did about five or six different types of patterns and collages using paper, chalk and prints they had made.
As it was half term for schools this week, they had a three hour session and made some of their art work into a book. They can't bring them back until the summer as they are wanted for an exhibition at the end of term. It is a lovely way to keep a record of what they have done.

Ice skating last Friday was very quiet. They have one more session before they stop for the summer. This last year seems to have gone so quickly and the boys can't wait until the autumn when skating will start up again.
It was a bank holiday weekend and we had no plans. In fact, we all enjoyed being able to stay at home and relax. I think we had all got tired over the last few weeks with all the activities we had going on.
D did do some physics one morning. Until J came in and pointed out that he was "doing work", he had been enjoying himself. Don't you just love brothers!
D picked up a little model kit in the sale at Hobbycraft last Friday and this is it put togetherThough the underside looks more interesting.

D stayed over the road Monday night, and then went with them on a 15mile walk on Tuesday. He came back with his usual specimens-bones! This time he has come back with somethings tail bone. We are now getting quite a collection.

No comments: