Thursday 27 November 2008

Anyone for ice cream?

D was in the mood for drawing on Monday night and he came up with this. Not so easy to see from this picture, but the shading, especially on the green ice cream is superb. He drew the picture with pencil and then used pastels to colour. Considering he is colour blind, I think he has done really well.

Tuesday the boys did some more maths. They seem to have the bug for it at the moment, and I'm not complaining. J even asked if I would print some off so he could do it in the park waiting for D on Wednesday.

However, Wednesdays plans were changed. Spanish was cancelled as the teacher was ill. This meant both the boys did maths at home and some work on simple machines. This included looking at a bicycle as it is made up of many simple machines put together. I wonder if what they learned today, will make it easier for them to put together the bike they've taken apart!

D also did some experiments on the tearing direction of paper. I am sure I've done it before, but I know he won't forget it now as he has done it on his own.

As I had done enough stew to last two days, D didn't do his tagine on Monday, we are looking forward to having it for dinner today. I will show you what it looks like and tell you if it tastes as good as it smells.

No comments: