Tuesday 21 April 2009

Survival

Our visitors left around 9.30 yesterday morning, so I made use of the boys muscles getting things back to normal and then rearranging the furniture in the front room. After four months we were ready for a change and we like to be able to have full access to the patio door over the summer months.

The highlight of the day for the boys was the arrival of their camouflage tarpaulin. Of course, they had to put it to use. This was their bedroom last night. They lit a bonfire in just before going to bed which took the edge of the chill, but there were no complaints about it being cold as they were under a pile of blankets.

Tugger thought it was great fun. He went charging up and over the shelter and of course had to pounce on the inhabitants. After about 20 minutes, they had had enough and shut him indoors.

D emerged this morning at 5.15. He very kindly offered me a cup of tea, but I was quite ready to wake up, I had a few nights sleep to catch up on. Apparently the dawn chorus had woken them up. I was much happier when the tea arrived at about half six. I think they may want to spend most of the summer in their improvised camp.



No comments: