Friday 29 October 2010

Basket Weaving Workshop

On Wednesday afternoon, I took DS2 to a basket weaving workshop at Weston Park Museum.  It was a most delightful two and a half hours with an excellent teacher.

She was very patient, showing each step of the process very clearly.  She even had time to show D how to make a couple of extras.

 He made this star
and here is his basket.  He has brought home some more willow, so he can continue to fill in the sides and base.

He also made a fish, which I need to take a photo off.  I forgot as I had to put it in a safe place, the kittens were trying to kill it.

As mum was sat with itchy fingers, I got given a basket to finish too.
The plastic ties come off once the willow has dried, and in theory, everything stays in place. I can't wait to have another go.

No comments: